Bull City Web Design Website Lease
How Does This Work?
Our Website Leasing Program includes a customized WordPress template. When you have subscribed, you will immediately receive a Style Survey to input your preferences for the look and feel of your website. After that, you will receive guidelines for preparing and delivering the content for your site. Once we have received all of your materials, we will begin developing your website. You will have an opportunity to request revisions to the design and the content, as well as a final round of “minor” tweaks. We want to make sure you are totally thrilled with the finished product!
Your new Portfolio Website plan includes the creation and customization of up to 5 static pages plus a blog. Your initial build includes 5 blog posts. Additional posts can be added each month using your recurring monthly credits.
- Divi theme – Licensed installation of Divi ($249 value).
- Customization – We will use your colors and logo to make your site uniquely your own.
- Your photos – We will optimize your photos to make sure they display properly and don’t slow down your site.
- Stock photos – Up to 5 stock photos are included ($150 value).
- Your content – We will edit and format your content on each page. (Copywriting services are available for an additional fee, if desired.)
- Two “small tasks” per month – A “small task” is defined as something that can be accomplished in 30 minutes or less.
- Website hosting – Your site will be hosted on a shared WordPress hosting environment ($480 annual value).
- WordPress Maintenance – See below for details.
What’s Not Included:
- Copy (aka the text for each page). All of the text for your site must be provided by you. If you would like to add on professional copywriting services, we would be happy to provide a quotation for this service.
- Imagery – Any photos or imagery for your site should come from you (with the exception of your included stock photos). If you don’t have images, we can select additional stock imagery for purchase.
- Domain Name – If you do not currently have a domain name, you will have to register and purchase one prior to getting started with us. (Let us know if you need assistance.) If you DO have a domain name, we may need credentials to the domain name registrar.
What Happens Now?
After agreeing to this contract and setting up billing, your first monthly payment will be charged. You will then receive a series of forms to walk you through the process of setting up your new website. Here is what you can expect:
- Style Questionnaire – This form will ask for your preferences on colors and fonts, as well as examples of websites you like and those you dislike.
- Content Questionnaire – Now that we have an idea of the look, goals, and structure of the site, it’s time to fill it up with your amazing content! We will send you a link to a Google Drive folder where you can easily share all the information with us.
- Kick Off Call – After you have submitted all of your information, you will receive a link to schedule a call with us to go over any questions or clarifications we or you may have.
Your website will be completed within 3-4 weeks of receiving all of your information. Please Note: Development must be completed within the first two months. After that, any work done on your website will be subject to your 1 hour monthly development time.
Modern websites need constant monitoring, updates, and maintance, just like your car needs regular oil changes and tune ups. All necessary maintenance and monitoring is included in your subscription. ($99/month value)
Here is what is included with your Website Lease Maintenance:
- Daily full site backups – Stored securely in the cloud
- All updates to WordPress
- Weekly theme updates
- Weekly plugin updates
- Weekly database maintenance – Optimize database overhead, clear post revisions
- Weekly spam clean-up
- Daily Security scans – Immediate notification of malwre or site blacklisting
- Daily vulnerability detection – Flags insecure plugins based on WPScan Vulnerability Database
- Daily Performance check – Checks load time, YSLOW and Google PageSpeed scores
- Uptime monitoring – checks every 5 minutes
- Monthly report
In the event of breakage or conflict due to scheduled maintenance, Bull City Web Design will spend up to 30 minutes troubleshooting and attempting to repair the issue(s). If all issues are not resolved in that time, your site will be restored to the most recent stable backup and you will be contacted with the recommended next steps.